Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Untrained Terminated Wal-Mart Worker Store #2615, are you one?

Sent on: March 1, 2009

George Boston Rhynes
Valdosta, Georgia 31605


TO: Wal-Mart President/CEO H. Lee Scott Jr.,and Each Board of Director (Respectively)

As a former Wal-Mart Associate, and Department Manager of Sporting Goods at Store 2615, for over three years in Valdosta, Georgia. Where I was wrongfully terminated on March 20, 2008, but have been ignored for nearly a year. But I will not stop in my pursuit of a valid response from Wal-Mart Stores Inc., until I am respected and treated with dignity as a United States Citizen, Worker, and Retired United States Armed Forces Military Veteran.

My previous letters were sent to you (President H. Lee Scott Jr.,), by U.S. Certified Return Receipt Mail on (June 12, 2008), (August 1, 2008), (August 11, 2008), (August 29, 2008), and (December 1, 2008). I did not write these letters to you to be ignored or for my health. But my supervisory, leadership, and management training says that it is unacceptable for EMPLOYEES to be totally ignored by their EMPLOYERS.

In addition, no American worker should be treated as workers in Third World Nations. And for over twenty years I placed my life in harms way for foreign people I did not know. So surely I can, and will fight for my own rights. And for the rights of my fellow Americans here in the homeland in the place of my birth.

Since March 2008, I have been ignored without even a courteous reply from Wal-Mart Stores Inc., However, as a former retail business owner for fourteen years, prior to being employed by Wal-Mart. I cannot and will not remain silent to my unjustified termination and mistreatment. Thereby allowing workers rights to be forever lost in these hard economic times.

You have received five (5), previous letters but chose not to respond to any of them. I must acknowledge. That I had no idea Wal-Mart was so unprofessional and mistreated their workers in this manner. That is until I was terminated. But I assure you that my particular case will not just fade into the sunset to be forgotten.

Nor will I bury my head in the sand like the legend concerning the ostrich bird. That is beneath the rubbish pile of time, space, destiny, and slogans like, save money, and live better. But at what cost to other human beings?

As a former Wal-Mart Employee. I will never accept or pretend that Wal-Mart Stores Inc., and their Executives have become a god beside God. And answers to no one, while treating American workers like workers in China or in some other Third World Nation.

Mr. Lee, you can ignore me. As you have done before. But Galatians 6:7 will forever shine in the direction of truth. "And it is always right, to do right, and even better, to be right." {G.B.R.}

So as a former Wal-Mart Associate, Department Manager, Former Business Owner for fourteen-years, and Retired United States Armed Forces Veteran of the Vietnam Era. I will not remain silent. Instead I will blow the trumpet as is recorded in the Book of Joel 2nd Chapter. Because I have done too much to be ignored and unjustly terminated without even a courteous reply. As many other outstanding associates that have been unjustly terminated at store #2615.

After nearly a year without even a courteous reply. I am as fresh, determined and committed as ever to be treated as an American Citizens, and not like workers in China or in some other Third World Nation by Wal-Mart.

Again, it is always right, to do right, and even better, to be right. So no American Worker, should say good night, until they have been treated right. {G.B.R.}

Therefore, I will await your response within fifteen days.

Thanks!



GEORGE BOSTON RHYNES
Terminated Untrained Sporting Goods Department Manager
Former Business Owner for Fourteen years
Retired United States Armed Forces Veteran (Vietnam Era)
Active in Community Affairs Since 1975, (Civil and Human Rights Organizations)
Author of Several Writings
Single Parent of Three Children (Now Successful Adults)
A concerned citizen and brother of (ALL) humanity

No comments: